Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th Of July

For the 4th of July this year our weekend was VERY BUSY! On Saturday night (the 3rd) we went to Grandma's house for dinner with the Simpson/Segner families. It was so nice to see everyone, visit and of course talk about how great you and Emerson are :) The food was VERY YUMMY ... especially Ashley's cookies and ice cream although I'm sure I left there 5 pounds heavier that evening. After dinner we spent some time out on the deck and was able to get some pictures of you and Emerson together. SO CUTE!



We decided to forgo the fireworks this year for a couple reasons. First of all it was SUPER HUMID and there was no wind ... not a good combination especially for mosquitos. We were also concerned about the noise since you are still so young. Even though we could sit far enough away I think it all really boiled down to the fact that you need your rest and dragging you out at night to sit outside watching fireworks is something better left until you are a little older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)