Christmas Eve was spent in usual fashion. Eating, drinking, ice skating, opening presents and most importantly enjoying the company of loved ones.
![]() |
| Ice Skating with our Aunt Julie! |
![]() |
| Playing Tag ... I don't suggest this ... |
Garrett loved all of his gifts and showed great enthusiasm opening presents this year. He also did a great job passing out all of the presents to their proper recipients. I think he mostly enjoyed basking in the "oohhs" and "aahhs" and "Isn't he just so cute!" Garrett definitely has showing off down to a science he knows just when to turn his head and shoot a quick smile or show off his latest tricks to get everyone around him to notice just how funny he can be. Children bring a different dynamic to the Holidays and watching him play with our families is priceless to say the least.
![]() |
| Garrett and Raye |
As the Christmas Eve festivities were winding down, Garrett's cold/sinus infection/the Doctor wasn't quite sure what caused his fever was getting worse and his coughing fits were accompanied by periods of throwing up. (Remember the part I wish I could change, this was it.) As a result Brett and I decided it was time to pack up and head home. During our drive Garrett was not doing well and we both knew that there was no way he was going to be able to sleep like this so I decided to give the nurse line a call. They suggested that we bring him to Urgent Care and have him checked out and at the very least get something to help make him more comfortable. We went to the 212 Medical Center and checked our little guy in. Let me just say I was very grateful for such an amazing place to bring our sick toddler. Immediately when we were taken to our room a lovely lady brought toys and books to help us entertain Garrett. Even better since we were so close to home Brett was able to run home while we were waiting and get a change of clothes for both Garrett and I (remember the throw up from before?) The doctor that saw Garrett was from Children's Hospital and he was so calm, nice and all around amazing. It was quickly determined that Garrett did not have pneumonia but was definitely battling a nasty respiratory virus so they sent us home with some prednisone and a nebulizer to help with his breathing. Giving Garrett the nebulizer in the hospital was HORRIBLE .. I had to hold his arms down while Brett held the contraption in front of his face and he screamed and kicked and struggled the entire time (cue the lovely lady with bubbles and a DVD player to help calm him down.) Fortunately we made it through and after Brett's late night run to the 24 hour pharmacy we were finally settled in for the night and ready for Santa to come by morning.
| As promised by my friend Ashley, giving Garrett his nebulizer at home was MUCH easier! |
With Urgent Care behind us and Christmas Day officially here our little family of 3 awakened with renewed spirits and excitement. We all headed downstairs to tackle the mound of presents (all for Garrett) and got to work.
| Thanks Dan and Amanda!! |
Each of us had a great time playing with (mostly Garrett and daddy) and assembling (well that was mostly mommy) the new gifts and could have kept at it for hours but it was time to head to Grandpa and Grandma's house to continue the holiday celebrations. Again our enjoyed lots of food, drink and all around a good time visiting with family. The day was a little rough for Garrett who was not his usual self and after missing nap time things were getting a bit stressful. Luckily grandpa being the official Garrett whisperer was able to get the little guy to go down and when it comes to naps late is better than never. After Garrett woke up and everyone had their fill of food we prepared to open up gifts. Just then the power went out on Grandma's block and put a bit of a damper on our plans. The men sprang to action and flashlights were gathered and the generator was pulled into position. As luck would have it however once the generator was nearing working condition the power came back on and away we went.
![]() |
| Danny, Jackie and Garrett |
Holdiays always make me feel a little nostalgic. They make me want to hug my parents closer, cuddle with Garrett a little longer and kiss my husband a little bit more. Its a moment in the year when I look at the struggles that we've gone through and the loss that we've had and feel grateful for all that still remains. It a time when I realize just how truly blessed I am to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. I know they say you can't choose your family but honestly I don't think I would pick any different even if I was given the choice.
Hoping everyone had a safe and happy holiday and wishing all of you a very happy New Year.









No comments:
Post a Comment
I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)