Thursday, May 12, 2011

When in doubt - make 'em into shorts!

As the weather gets warmer dressing you has become more challenging. Although Grandma has already gotten us a head start on summer clothing your short little legs and skinny waist aren't quite working with your new shorts just yet. I also started noticing that your 12 month pants although still fitting in the waist are starting to get too short ....

So I figured rather than buying new shorts why not just shorten the pants that still fit you. Lucky for me Melissa was coming over to spend time with us so while she was over we pulled out the sewing machine, did a little measuring and got to work. Thankfully Melissa was nice enough to remove a pocket from one of the pants ... I don't think I would have had the patience to do it. I feel like I measured each about 40 different times but I suppose I'm glad I did since they turned out perfectly.

Trying out the "new" shorts
Once the shorts were completed and my extra set of hands was still there I thought it was time to finally tackle the fabric crayon holder I have been wanting to make. So Melissa helped me get everything laid out and measured and although there was a few hiccups along the way it turned out pretty darn fabulous :o)








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)