They send home a "Toddler Tidbit" every day that tells us how much you ate, how long you napped, how you were feeling and something about the day that you enjoyed.
Daddy and I were so excited and even though your teacher Miss Betsy said that the second day is usually more difficult it went just as good as the first.
One week later I wish I was still swooning over the switch. Little by little it has only been getting harder. When we drop you off now we barely walk through your classroom door and you are screaming and clining to us for dear life. When we pick you up you start crying as soon as we get there and are more than ready to get out as fast as possible. At home you are cranky and whiney and your temper tantrums have reached an all new level. There have been some victories ... yesterday you actually took a 2 hour nap but since your toddler tid-bit didn't make it home I didn't know and when 7 o'clock rolled around I put you to bed and we battled for two hours because you weren't ready.
I hate that you cry when we leave but I do know that a few minutes or seconds after we're gone you stop. I hate that you have a pre-determined nap time but I know that they are progressively getting longer. I hate that this transition is hard on all of us but I know that we will adjust and my happy little boy will come back. I also remind myself that behavior like yours isn't uncommon in toddlers your age and its just something I need work through with you.
You are an amazing little boy and surprise us every day with all of the new things that you are learning. Daddy and I love you so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)