Thursday, August 23, 2012

So far behind and quilting

Its getting a little ridiculous how seriously far behind I am on my posts. I have so many pictures and so many ideas but when I sit down to write I just completely lose focus. The other problem is that I'm really trying to get more into quilting and strengthening my sewing abilities. Since my family comes first I don't get done as quickly as I would like but then I remind myself that a big part of the joy is in the making and its ok if it takes awhile.

So today I've decided to post the quilt that I just finished for the newest Bibeau. It is definitely the hardest quilt I have done to date. Between the 160 triangles I had to cut out, machine quilting straight lines and the hardest of all was creating the plans myself. I found the idea for this quilt on Pinterest but the creator sells the finished quilts on her Etsy site rather than offering a tutorial or selling a pattern. I loved it so much but there was NO way I was going to spend $140 on a quilt that I knew I could make myself. Mine I assure you is not nearly as perfect as hers but its made with love and thats all that matters. .... Now to catch up on posting, someday :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)