Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Big Changes


Things are changing so fast around here! I've always said that no matter what Garrett would be allowed to choose when he wants to transition out of his crib. I didn't want to rush it even especially with the baby coming and figured that even if he was 3 or older we would let him choose. Well I suppose its been a couple months ago now but one day when I put Garrett down for his nap it took about 3 minutes for his door to open and him to be standing next to me. The next day while I was working Brett put him down for a nap and he crawled right out again. We decided for his safety to take the front rail off and transition him to a toddler bed. As a result our bedtime routine changed a lot. Instead of maybe reading some books downstairs now we sit in his room next to his bed and read usually around 5 books (I'm in desperate need for new ones at this point)

We moved him from his toddler bed to big boy bed really fast because the bed we wanted to buy was on sale and we figured might as well go and get it. Luckily that turned out to be just as smooth of a transition. He loves his big bed and especially his dinosaur bedding. We've always been really blessed with Garrett in the sleep department and luckily no changes in that as of yet. He doesn't leave his bed at night even if he wakes up and in the morning he stays in bed reading or singing until someone goes and gets him. The other night when I was about to leave his room he asked for his seahorse and a book. As I was leaving and turned off the light I caught him reading his book by the light of his seahorse ... when did my little guy get so big?!

With Garrett in a new bed we now had to move the crib and the changing table out of his room. I was secretly thrilled because that meant I got to set up the nursery. One big bonus of having another child of the same sex is all the stuff we've saved from when Garrett was a baby. We put a hanging bar in our armoire (doesn't fit in our room at the townhouse) and it took about 2 days for me to start digging out totes, get all the clothes washed and everything hung up! The only thing we really need as far as clothes go is some new pants for this little one.


After getting the clothes put away and the furniture in place I decided it was time to get new bedding for the moses basket. When we bought the basket for Garrett it was upon suggestion from my friend, Ashley, and we were so desperate for something to help with sleep that I didn't care one bit what bedding was in it. This time around I have time on my side and rather than order new bedding for $100 I decided to buy the material myself. So I pulled the existing bedding apart, made a pattern and made new covers for the basket. I LOVE how it all turned out and the best part? I saved myself $84.00!! Who doesn't love that?


We are pretty much all set for our newest Bibeau member to get here just a few things yet to take care of. Since we are using the office area upstairs that doesn't have doors for the nursery we are planning to hang curtains to divide the room and help control the amount of light. I have a feeling I might just pick up some bed sheets rather than buying enough material to cover the height and length of the room. I plan to get maybe a darker brown color and if necessary double them up to help block the light. Maybe not the prettiest but hopefully if all goes as planned we will only be here until next July so I don't want to invest too much into them.

A big part of being able to set up the room for the baby was getting rid of our big giant desk that I keep my sewing machine on. Luckily my mom was nice enough to give me my Nana's sewing cabinet and it works perfectly to house all of my stuff and the sewing machine sits on a table that is able to raise and lower depending on if I need to use it or not. This feature is the best because it allows me to keep everything enclosed and when its all shut up it doesn't take up much space.


Now if only it wasn't extremely uncomfortable to sit there and sew I might be able to get the new quilt I've started finished. Luckily I already finished one for the littlest Bibeau :) Loving all the changes happening, now just anxious for the next 11 weeks to pass so we can meet our little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)