Saturday, June 28, 2014

Big Steps!!

When Ethan started to get a little older we made the decision that it would be best for him to be in the room with a door allowing him to take multiple naps a day and go to bed at 6:00 without being disturb by the family. We also felt that this was fairer for Garrett in the respect that he wasn't being told to keep his voice down even in the middle of the afternoon when he was just trying to play. This worked really quite well until Garrett started to express his want/need to be back in his other room. Knowing that we couldn't move Ethan to the sitting area we decided to take the plunge and put them in the same room together...eeek!

I'll admit I was quite nervous and almost chickened out but with the support of some others moms I decided to go for it and Brett and I set the room up on Friday evening. We pushed Ethan's bedtime from 6pm to 7pm to put it in line with Garrett's and the first night put them to bed together. Low and behold it went GREAT! Knowing that this euphoria might not last longer than the first night I was even more nervous on Saturday and things still went great. Sunday brought a new stress in that Ethan NEEDED to go to bed first and I wasn't sure how Garrett was going to do having to stay quiet. Ethan did end up waking up for a few moments and Garrett had trouble staying in his room but it didn't take long for them to both settle in and put another good night under our belts. 

I really think that they will both do better having the other one close by. Garrett has been complaining about sleeping alone and feeling scared and for the last three nights hasn't expressed these concerns now that he is with his brother. Our plan is to move them back to their own rooms once we have a house but I wonder if they will stay together for a little while after that ... time will tell! 

Now if we can just get Ethan to stop waking Garrett up at 5 in the morning on weekends .... 

First morning after! All smiles :) 

Can't get enough of their seahorses <3 td="">


Morning Snuggles!


And the bonus to the boys being together ... I get a sitting room/craft room back!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)