Monday, June 30, 2014

PUT ON YOUR SWIMSUIT

A friend of mine shared an article the other day that really hit home for me called Moms, Put on That Swimsuit. I loved it because any mother knows, well really any woman for that matter knows, that there are things about our bodies that make us feel uncomfortable and those things can make tough for us to feel comfortable doing what we want without feeling self conscious. Cellulite 'gasp'!

This article is awesome because it focuses on putting on that swimsuit, lumps, bumps cellulite and all and getting out there with your kids. Playing in the water with them without worrying about the person next to you  judging you, who by the way has no idea you even have cellulite.

This last weekend we went to the swimming beach with the kids and although we have done this before and I have worn my swimsuit and had fun with my kids in the back of my mind I'm always worried about what the mom under the other umbrella thinks. This time however I tried to push those thoughts out of my mind and focus on my kids and it worked. I felt better about myself and I didn't compare myself to the other moms and think that they were better than me or that I was in any way better than them. Its so much better to worry about fun and not about making yourself feel bad!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)