
12 uncooked jumbo shells
1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
2 medium egg whites, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
4 oz checken breast, cooked, skinless, diced
3/4 cups choppd frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp ground oregano, or other Italian seasoning
3/4 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Prehead oven to 350F
Cook manicotti shells in boiling water according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent them from cooking further. Set aside.
Coat a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of suace evenly over bottom of pan and set aside.
For filling, in a large bowl, stir together egg whites, ricotta cheese, chicken, spinach, garlic powder and seasoning. Stir in 1/4 cup each of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
To assemble, spoon cheese mixture into manicotti shells and place filled shells in a single layer in baking dish. Spread remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaiing cheeses and bake about 30 min. Yields 3 shells per serving.
Weight Watchers Points Value: 9
Servings: 4
**I used closer to 8oz of chicken and also used reduced fat ricotta and mozzarella. Next time I will also use fresh garlic and an italian seasoning rather than just oregano. Needed a little more kick - in my opinion. With the changes I made the points value was reduced to 8.
Loved this recipe! It was easy to make and very filling. My official results are in for week one of Weight Watchers and I'm proud to report I am down 6 pounds!!!! At first I thought I lost maybe a pound or two but it ended up being 6. I was even able to button a pair of my pre-preg pants!! (they are my fat pants but that is neither here nor there)

haha I have this recipe saved to make :) glad that you liked it can't wait to make it!
ReplyDelete