Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

And a very happy Birthday it was! Brett and I took full advantage of the offer from grandma and grandpa and enjoyed a night out just the two of us. First we went to Famous Dave's for dinner where we shared a meal called The Feast For Two and that is no lie. They brought out a huge platter of food that surely could not have only been meant for two. It was so good and the best part was it had a little of everything so there was no having to choose one food but wishing you had ordered the other. After we were done eating and the bill was paid I was all ready to head out to the next item on our agenda but Brett asked if he could sit and digest for a bit. Well it was all just a stall tactic for the sparkling ice cream and whip cream display that was on its way to our table. The waiter brought over a plate with what appeared to be a large sparkler that drew the attention of oh lets say everyone in the restaurant! It was very pretty and the ice cream and hot fudge were oh so delicious!

Devoured birthday dessert
After dinner and dessert we headed over to Eden Prairie bowling alley for a little friendly competition. Neither Brett or I have bowled since I became pregnant with Garrett so there were a few kinks to work out but after the first game we both started to get the hang of it again. I am happy to report that I won both games! I won't share the scores from the first games but the second game I bowled a 173 and Brett at 168.  He of course says he let me win but lets be honest here ... I'm just better!

After bowling we headed home. It was strange to be without the baby but at the same time I appreciated the fact that once we got home we were able to do our own thing without fear of being too loud or worrying about getting him changed, bathed and put down for bed. Now don't get me wrong I love my little man but it is nice to have an opportunity now and again to do your own thing and worry about no one but yourself. I laugh a little looking back at the evening because once we got home at around 8:30 I was content sewing and working on projects and Brett played his XBOX. A few years ago it would've never been my ideal birthday night but for me these days it was totally and utterly perfect.

Birthday Flowers from Hubby and Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)