Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Year Checkup

We took you into the doctor today for your one year checkup. I have been dreading going there since I've heard that the two shots in the arms and one is the leg is anything but pleasant. I was however looking forward to seeing how big you have gotten! Going to the doctor was a different experience as soon as we walked through the door, and I'm not talking about the new building that they moved in to. This was our first time taking you the doctor since you've been walking. Oh boy was that difficult. You are not one who enjoys being carried around or held so trying to contain you so that you weren't getting into everything and not bugging everyone was a bit of a challenge.

Once the nurse came and got us we went to the room to start our usual routine and then we did your weight and measures.

One Year Checkup Stats (3/1/11)

Height - 31 inches - 85th Percentile

Weight - 22lbs 13oz - 50th Percentile

Head - 46.8cm - 60th Percentile
Compared to our last appointment:

Nine Month Checkup Stats (12/7/10)

Height - 29 inches - 75th Percentile

Weight - 20lbs 9 oz - 50th Percentile

Head - 45.5cm - 50th Percentile

Dr. Joe came in after a little while and looked you over. He also stated that you are quite long and lean ... just like your daddy! Apparently Dr. Joe tells jokes too! He checked your ears, eyes, nose, mouth and everything looks great. Your molars and not coming through yet but he says they are in the vicinity. You are free to eat whatever your little heart desires at this point (well as long as mommy says its ok.) Daddy won't have to be worried that someone might accidentally give you honey now! When it came time for the shots and pricks I was getting a little nervous. I was more worried about the finger prick but you didn't even flinch when they did it. You did however like the cool camoflauge bandaid that they put on your finger. The shots were the WORST. They had me stand in front of you with my stomach against your legs and holding your hands together like you were praying. Then the did your leg shot followed quite quickly by the two in each arm. OH MY GOODNESS did you cry! Now it is still the rule in our house that pacifiers are reserved for bedtime and naps but we made an exception for yesterday and let you have your pacifier after the shots were done. The nurse was also very nice and gave you a sticker on a tongue depresser and you thought that was pretty neat.

Now that this appointment is done we will wait until your next which is at 15 months. I can't wait to see how big you've gotten again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)