This week was a huge week for us ... we moved. After 6 years of living in Cologne we made a big decision to move from our house and to rent a townhome in Chaska. Financially it was a very good decision for us and although it was hard to leave the house that we have lived in for so long it was for the best in the end.
Unfortunately for us our moving week happened to coincide with the hottest week of the year. With the heat index nearing the 120's it was nearly unbearable. We took off the week in order to complete our move while having the option of putting Garrett in daycare during the day. Since we chose to move during the week in between the hours of 8 and 5 we had to do the move on our own since everyone else we know was working. I joked with Brett that he is lucky I'm strong enough to help move all of the furniture. Luckily we were able to borrow a trailer from Brett's uncle and slowly but surely we began filling the trailer, driving to Chaska, emptying and starting all over again. It seemed to take forever, being so hot and sweaty made it nearly impossible to find the will to keep working.
Eventually we were able to get everything moved and by the end of the week we even managed to have all of the boxes unpacked, pictures hung and the garage was even partially organized. I laugh now because I was so excited to move and couldn't wait to get started. Once we actually did I couldn't wait for it to be over. I definitely don't look forward to moving again anytime soon and thankfully we don't have to. Hoping that next time its maybe just a little less hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)