Sunday, July 17, 2011

Uncle Chad's Wedding

First lets start by saying CONGRATULATIONS to your uncle Chad and aunt Becky!


The weekend of celebration started with us leaving for Alexandria on Thursday night. We needed to be in Alexandria early Friday morning to start decorating the reception site and Daddy was going to go golfing so we felt it would be easier to leave the night before. Unfortunately for Daddy when Friday morning rolled around it was POURING and golfing was canceled, things were looking up later when the guys decided to go bowling instead. Since Daddy was busy bowling and hanging out with the guys you came with me to help decorate and go and get nails done. I was starting to get a little nervous about when we were going to put you down for a nap since the nails were taking awhile but as luck would have it I was able to leave and bring you and Nanny home for nap time and then head back for my appointment. Without being able to leave I'm not sure what we would have done and since the groom's dinner was later that night I knew you needed to get a good nap in.

After bowling and manicure and pedicures were complete everyone got ready to head to the church for rehearsal. Since I was a bridesmaid in the wedding Daddy was in charge of you. You had no interest in sitting nicely and watching what was going on so Daddy ended up having to take you outside and drive around in the car until we were done and ready to head to the groom's dinner. Since your bedtime is usually 6:30 these days you were not loving the idea that we were dragging you around when all you wanted to do was go to sleep. We were able to distract you for a little while with dinner and you followed some of the other big kids around to see what they were doing. There was another little boy there about 6 months older than you and at one point he decided to pick you up, well that didn't work out so well and you both fell to the ground. Owen's mom helped pick you up of the ground and as soon as you turned around and realized you didn't recogize her you freaked out. Thats when we knew it was time to go home.

Nanny and Grandpa were nice enough to offer to take you home so that we could keep spending time with family and we were happy to take them up on it. Daddy and I also decided that we would ask Grandma Patty to take you home the next day so that we could enjoy the wedding and not torture you in the meantime. We realized that you would have much more fun spending time with Grandpa Garry then you would being hauled around for the wedding. A big part of me was feeling really guilty for our decision to send you home with Grandma because I felt as though people would think we couldn't handle you and when it wasn't going our way we just throw up our hands and say, "Someone else deal with him." I realize that wasn't what we were thinking but I worried about being viewed as a bad parent.

When Saturday morning rolled around Daddy took you to meet Grandma half way and I went to get my hair done. When Daddy was back and I was dressed and ready we headed to Noonan's Park to take pictures. There are duck houses and a bridge at the park that were built by my Grandfather and it was neat to have the pictures there.


Next we headed to the church to finish up the pictures. As we were getting in and out of the car and in and out of locations it was getting hotter and hotter and I was becoming more and more greatful that Garrett was having a much better time somewhere else. He would have been completely miserable stuck in his stroller or carseat and would not have had the patience to sit nicely and wait for the events of the day to take place.

The wedding was truly beautiful and the reception was tons of fun. I haven't danced that much in a really long time. The best part of the whole weekend was seeing our family. Especially the brothers and sisters that I don't get to see too often. I feel blessed to have been able to share a part in such an important day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)