I can hardly believe that you are almost one and a half. Time has gone by so quickly and it so fun watching you learn new things. You are picking up new words every day and you are taking simple direction so well. You love throwing things in the garbage and will grab any paper thats laying around and take it to the garbage can, I've since learned to keep all important papers out of your grasp. Which is getting increasingly harder since you can now climb up on the dining room chairs and help yourself to whatever catches your eye.
 |
| Let me out please! |
Temper tantrums are still part of our daily life but we have found some ways to deter them as much as possible. First and foremost if you aren't supposed to have it we keep it out of sight so that the temptation isn't even there. You have learned how to sign please and haven't quite figured out that just because you say please for something doesn't mean you can automatically have it. We have also learned that while you are having a tantrum the best way to help you calm down is to hold you or rub your back and tell you that you are ok. Although you don't understand the reasons I still explain them to you because I know that someday you will. The increased communication in both sign language and words is also helping. When you ask for something and I understand what you are saying we both get very excited.
 |
| Self Shot |
Dropping you off at daycare has also gotten easier. Before when we would drop you off there was lots of tears but for the most part now you run off to find something to play with or if you are are a little upset it lasts for less than a few seconds and you are on to something new. When we pick you up now though you run for the door and are quick to say "Bye Bye!" According to Miss Betsy your teacher your favorite part of the day is arts and crafts. When they get the table set up you make a beeline for it and are very anxious to get started.
Reading books has taken a new turn. You are recognizing the pictures and even make the correct animal noises. We are hoping to take you to the zoo soon so we can see them all in real life. I think you will really enjoy the experiene. If not at least Daddy and I will :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)