Communicating with a one year old is truly a difficult endeavor. At times it is extremely frustrating for the both of us especially when you want something that you don't have the words or signs for, or when you try to show me a sign that doesn't have any meaning to me so I'm still not sure what you want. I find myself wondering are we playing with you the right way, are we teaching you the right things, are we teaching you at all for that matter. Just when I'm starting to feel defeated and sub-par as a mother you surprise me by saying thank you when I hand you a toy you want, using the sign for water when you're thirsty, or "telling" me you're tired by grabbing the gate going to your room and shaking it.
In these moments I realize that we are doing right by you and although we may not be perfect you are happy, healthy and learning new things daily, so I remind myself to chill out, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Some photos to end by:
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)