For Easter this year I made the decision to make you an Easter basket. I was worried that it may be an undertaking outside of my abilities but was determined to try. I went to a Mills End Fabric Store to purchase the materials I needed (the river had flooded 41 and getting to JoAnn's was out of the question.) I'm so glad I ventured out there because I had a few questions regarding how some of the things I needed as well as the instructions and fortunately met a very helpful and knowledgeable women who helped me feel confident and ready to tackle my latest project.
Using this
tutorial I got to work cutting out my fabric.
With my materials ready I set forth. I stumbled upon a few snafus and but in the end I was able to complete a very cute Easter basket (if I do say so myself :-)
 |
Complete with Easter Bunnies, egg shaped sidewalk chalk and a few new books
|
With my project completed I decided to try another
tutorial I found for a corded Easter basket. My first few attempts were a total bust so I made the executive decision to wait for my mom to come into town so we could try together. It took us a few tries but eventually we got it. I learned a few lessons from this project. Don't buy fabric you think will work, buy exactly what the pattern calls for. Some craft projects are fun to try once but most you will never try again and even if it doesn't turn out quite like you though be proud of yourself for finishing.
 |
| My basket sans the handle (ran out of fabric ... oops) |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)