Saturday, April 10, 2010

Garrett Thomas Has Arrived



At 5:27 a.m. on February 28th after 23 hours of labor and 3 1/2 hours of pushing you have finally made it. You were 8 lbs 9oz and 19 inches long. The best part you had a full head of dark hair! When daddy and I first saw you it was the most emotional moments of our lives and I will forever be thankful to your daddy for giving me you. For your Apgar tests (they test skin color, breathing, etc) you scored a 9 out of 10 at 1 min and 9 out of 10 at 5 min. Apparently they never give out tens so you were basically perfect! They put you in the warming bed where daddy was able to cut your umbilical cord and then they gave you to me and instantly and forever I fell in love. You were so perfect and beautiful and I will never forget that feeling!




I also love that you were born in February. Although my due date was March 1st I though a February birthday worked better. This way your birthday is February, mine is March and Daddy's is April. I think we will have to shoot for May next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)