Thursday, November 8, 2012

Room Divider

Since we are currently renting a 2 bedroom townhouse we decided to convert the den/sitting area/office/sewing room into a nursery for the baby. The only thing we had to figure out was how to block the light from the hallway when the baby is sleeping. Luckily my mom came up with the great idea of using a room divider kit from IKEA. So a few weekends ago we ran there and picked up the hardware and then found fabric that I love that would work well to block light. IKEA sells a big selection of precut panels you can use but they weren't thick enough for my liking and were a bit more expensive then if we did it ourselves. So for the first time in my life I bought 8 YARDS! of fabric and a couple weekends later we decided to tackle the project. I love the way it turned out and it does a great job blocking light from the hallway. I also have enough fabric left to make curtains which will help even more. Now lets hope that this baby sleeps through ANYTHING because they don't exactly block sound like a wall and door :) 

Thanks again mom and dad both for the divider and all the help putting it up. Don't know what we would do without you. Baby B will just love it ;)




Mom take a look we got everything to fit on this wall :) 

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. Good job on making a small space work. It was such a fun project to work on together. Dad and Brett did a great job installing the rod to fit perfectly.
    What should we do next?

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)