Friday, June 15, 2012

Quilts for Kids



If you are someone who can sew and wants to do something to give back Quilts For Kids is perfect for you. I was browsing my favorite blog Make It and Love It and Ashley had posted about this amazing program. I have never quilted before so I chose to have them send me a pre-cut kit with instructions to help me get started. I was so excited when my kit arrived and very eager to get started.


I started sewing my blocks together and sewing those blocks together and then sewing those into rows and sewing those rows together. Things were going to smoothly and I was fast falling in love with quilting. I cut my batting and put my the back in place and started machine quilting. I've now learned that quiting is a little hard and very frustrating. I had a pucker in the back and a gap in the front and no idea what to do. So at that moment I put my quilt in timeout and walked away. Luckily for me my Aunt Julie saved the day today and helped me fix the pucker and the gap and now I'm ready to tackle my project all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments ... so feel free to leave one :)